Wednesday 25 June 2014

Circle of Geese

I'm soooo close to crossing this mini off my Q2 FAL list !

As soon as I'd decided on the scrappy border I knew I wanted a stripey binding. Luckily I had this black and white fabric languishing in my stash. When I auditioned it I knew it was perfect (my husband disagrees, but he can make his own)!

I can never just 'cut 2 1/2 inch double fold binding. I always need to try a piece out, as depending on how thick the finished quilt sandwich is and how wide I want the binding and wether I want to hand or machine finish, these factors all determine how wide my binding strip needs to be. In this case I cut 2 1/4 inch strips

and had my needle set at 5.0 (3.5 is centre, so 3 spaces to the right) and the edge of the quilt aligned with the edge of my walking foot.

All I need to do now is add some folded corner to the back and finish hand stitching the binding, I always like this part. This little mini is destined to live on my sewing room wall ( AKA our spare room).


Better get back to it,

Tracy :0)


Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 

No comments:

Post a Comment